What are Featured Items?
Constantly refreshing featured items increase engagement
Two featured items appear at the top of the main screen of Folktells. The feature area is refreshed every 3 minutes, ensuring that different items regularly appear. The continually updating items attract the attention of anyone nearby, inviting taps and engagement with the content. The amount of time between rotations can be changed in the Settings.
The items displayed are drawn from favourited stories and new unread messages (for those subscribed to a messaging plan). Stories are randomly selected with a preference given to stories that are new.
How to change the timing of featured story rotation
To decrease or increase the length of time stories appear in the feature area:
- Tap the menu icon in the top left.
- Select the Settings option.
- From the Stories & Messages tab, expand the Feature Rotation section.
- Press and drag the slider to the length of time you prefer between 1 minute and 60 minutes.
- Tap the back button at the top of Settings when finished to return to the main screen.