Featured stories are favourited stories
Featured stories appear as the larger of the images at the top of the main Folktells screen and are randomly selected only from the Folktells stories that are marked as favourites in the story selector. Continually updating the stories that are featured grabs the attention of the people nearby and invited taps and engagement with the content.
Two stories are featured at any one time and the feature area is refreshed every 3 minutes so that different stories get rotated in and out. The amount of time between rotations can be changed in the Settings.
How to change the timing of featured story rotation
To decrease or increase the length of time stories appear in the feature area:
- Tap the menu icon in the top left.
- Select the Settings option.
- From the Stories tab, expand the Feature Rotation section.
- Press and drag the slider to the length of time you prefer between 1 minute and 60 minutes.
- Tap the back button at the top of Settings when finished to return to the main screen.